The Club Champions for 2016 were announced today and deservingly went to Kenny Wilson and Barbara Bowie/Elspeth Jenkins who shared the female trophy.
It was 4 years in a row for Kenny, having won in 2013/14 and 15, but it was 2016 that really saw Kenny announce his arrival onto the National scene with some fantastic performances, in particular, the Scottish 5km Champs and the Great Scottish Run (Half Marathon).
For Barbara and Elspeth, sharing the trophy was a fitting end to a season that saw Barbara run extremely well, especially over 5km, and Elspeth perform across a wide range of distances, most notably her Masters Silver Medal at the Scottish 50km Champs.
The following seniors are also worthy of mention due to their Scottish rankings/performances in 2016:
- Steve Reeve (Marathon) – Ranked 1st V50/Scottish V50 Champion
- Sarah Houston (Marathon) – Unofficially ranked 1st V60
- Ally Campbell (Marathon) – Ranked 3rd V45
- George Sim (10km) – Ranked 2nd V65
- Gareth Jenkins (5km) – Ranked 2nd V45
- Gareth Jenkins (10km) – Ranked 3rd V45
- Ewan Paterson (Hill Running) – Scottish V60 Champion
- George Sim/Gareth Jenkins – Scottish Masters Selection
Finally, well done to everyone, who trained hard, improved, achieved and enjoyed in 2016.
Report by: Gareth Jenkins